- Language talk: English
In the hills of Burundi, a group of coltan miners rebel against the regime by taking a stand as an anti-colonial hacker collective. This wayward film is an Afrofuturistic musical that spits fire in bright colors in an explosive cocktail of themes such as gender fluidity, class struggle, spirituality, sci-fi cyberpunk and predatory capitalism.
TALK Unfortunately, Simone Zeefuik is not able to do this Talk today. Artist and organizer Richard Kofi will replace her and give an introduction to Afrofuturism.
- Anisia Uzeyman, Saul Williams
- United States, Rwanda, France, Canada
- 105 min
- Gender studies, Computer Sciences, Political science, Social Sciences, Sciences, Alpha Sciences, Science-fiction, Cultural studies
- Type Film
- Fiction Film
- French, English, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Swahili
- Anisia Uzeyman, Saul Williams, Ezra Miller, Maria Judice, Sol Guy, Dave Guenette
- Anisha Acharya
- Bertrand Ninteretse, Cheryl Isheja, Dorcy Rugamba, Eliane Umuhire